Aldo Hector Bagnulo
Colonel, United States Army
Aldo Hector Bagnulo, 89, a retired Colonel in the Army Corps of Engineers who did environmental engineering work in the Washington area from the late 1960s to late 1970s, died February 21, 2004, at the Fairfax retirement community at Fort Belvoir, Virginia. He had congestive heart failure.
Colonel Bagnulo was born in Revere, Massachusetts. He was a sanitary engineering graduate of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, where he also received a master's degree in civil engineering.
He served in the Army from 1936 to 1964. During World War II, he was a regimental commander in the European and Pacific theaters.
In his final active-duty assignment, he was detailed to the National Aeronautics and Space Administration as chief of the engineering and construction division at Cape Canaveral in Florida. He oversaw construction of the vehicle assembly building at what is now the Kennedy Space Center.
His decorations included two awards of the Legion of Merit.
From 1964 to 1967, he continued to work for NASA in the same capacity after retiring from the Army. He then moved to the Washington area, doing environmental engineering work for Pope, Evans and Robbins Inc., Fairfax County and Bechtel Corp.
He was a member of Good Shepherd Catholic Church in Alexandria.
Survivors include his wife of 59 years, Helen
Montesinos Bagnulo of Fort Belvoir; four sons, Michael Bagnulo of Roswell,
Georgia, Robert Bagnulo of Rocklin, California, John Bagnulo of Annandale
and Joseph Bagnulo of Charleston, South Carolina; 10 grandchildren; and
BAGNULO, ALDO H., COL. USA (Ret.)
On February 21, 2004, of Fort Belvoir, VA.
Beloved husband of Helen M. Bagnulo; loving father of Michael, Robert,
John and Joseph Bagnulo; adoring grandfather of eight grandchildren and
six great-grandchildren. A Mass of Christian Burial will be held at Old
Post Chapel, Fort Myer, Virginia. Interment, with Full Military Honors,
will be held at Arlington National Cemetery at 12:45 p.m. on Thursday,
April 8. In lieu of flowers, any memorial contributions may be made to
The Dominican House of Studies, 487 Michigan Ave., NE, Washington, DC 20017-1585