Alexander Dubois Schenck of Ohio
- Appointed from Alabama, Private, Comany F, 1st Ohio Infantry, 17 April to 16 August 1861
- Sergeant, Company B, 2nd Ohio Infantry, 31 August 1861 to 18 September 1863
- Cadet, United States Military Academy, 29 September 1863 (36)
- Second Lieutenant, 2nd Artillery, 17 June 1867
- First Lieutenant, 27 January 1873
- Captain, 8 March 1894
- Artillery Corps, 2 February 1901
- Major, 28 February 1901
September 17, 1905 – Lieuteant Colonel A. D. Schenck, United States Artillery Corps, commandant at Fort Stevens, Orgeon, died there yesterday, after a brief illness. He was fifty-two years old.
Michael Robert Patterson was born in Arlington and is the son of a former officer of the US Army. So it was no wonder that sooner or later his interests drew him to American history and especially to American military history. Many of his articles can be found on renowned portals like the New York Times, Washingtonpost or Wikipedia.
Reviewed by: Michael Howard