Abner Riviere Hetzel of Pennsylvania.
- Appointed from Pennsylvania, Cadet, United States Military Academy, 1 July 1823
- Appointed Brevet Second Lieutenant, and Second Lieutenant, 2nd United States Infantry, 1 July 1827
- First Lieutenant, 28 June 1836
- Captain, 27 November 1839 to 18 June 1846
- Assistant Quartermaster, 24 May 1835 to 7 July 1838
- Captain and Assistant Quartermaster, 7 July 1838
- Died 20 July 1847
Military Laws of the United States: 3rd ed., by Captain A.R. Hetzel, xxxii+311p, Wash., George Templeman, 1846.
Michael Robert Patterson was born in Arlington and is the son of a former officer of the US Army. So it was no wonder that sooner or later his interests drew him to American history and especially to American military history. Many of his articles can be found on renowned portals like the New York Times, Washingtonpost or Wikipedia.
Reviewed by: Michael Howard