- Full Name: CLARENCE DEAN HAKES
- Wall Name: CLARENCE D HAKES
- Date of Birth: 12/23/1940
- Date of Casualty: 2/24/1971
- Home of Record: ISANTI, MINNESOTA
- Branch of Service: ARMY
- Rank: WO
- Casualty Country: SOUTH VIETNAM
- Casualty Province: BINH DUONG
Clarence D. Hakes, born December 23, 1940; died February 24, 1971. Buried in Arlington National Cemetery for service in Vietnam.
Aircraft crashed on short final to An Loc from about 20′ after witnesses heard an explosion and saw a fire. Aircraft dipped nose slightly to the left and fell straight down, exploding on impact.
HAKES, CLARENCE D
- WOI U.S.A.
- DATE OF BIRTH: 12/23/1940
- DATE OF DEATH: 02/24/1971
- BURIED AT: SECTION 23 SITE 22784-A
- ARLINGTON NATIONAL CEMETERY
Michael Robert Patterson was born in Arlington and is the son of a former officer of the US Army. So it was no wonder that sooner or later his interests drew him to American history and especially to American military history. Many of his articles can be found on renowned portals like the New York Times, Washingtonpost or Wikipedia.
Reviewed by: Michael Howard