Brigadier General Clifford Pershing Hannum
- Born December 7, 1912 in Indiana
- Second Lieutenant (Reserve) February 10, 1941
- Served to Lieutenant Colonel (AUS) May 27, 1946
- Second Lieutenant (Cavalry) August 22, 1949
- Captain October 29, 1954
Student, University of Arkansas 1948-49
Transferred from Cavalry to Infantry 1950
Student, Command & General Staff College 1952-53
Silver Star – Bronze Star Medal (two)
Brigadier General Clifford Pershing Hannum served in World War II and in the Vietnam War. He was buried with full military honors in Sectin 60 of Arlington National Cemetery.
Captain Clifford P. Hannum, Infantry, Indiana, 32d Division, Buna, was awarded the Silver Star Medal for actions on 29 December 1942.
Research regarding his life and career continues.
HANNUM, CLIFFORD PERSHING
- BRIG GEN US ARMY
- WORLD WAR II, VIETNAM
- DATE OF BIRTH: 12/07/1919
- DATE OF DEATH: 03/20/2002
- BURIED AT: SECTION 66 SITE 6839
- ARLINGTON NATIONAL CEMETERY
Read our general and most popular articles
Michael Robert Patterson was born in Arlington and is the son of a former officer of the US Army. So it was no wonder that sooner or later his interests drew him to American history and especially to American military history. Many of his articles can be found on renowned portals like the New York Times, Washingtonpost or Wikipedia.
Reviewed by: Michael Howard