Dallas Bache of the District of Columbia
- Appointed from Pennsylvania, Assistant Surgeon, United States Army, 28 May 1861
- Major, Surgeon, 5 August 1867
- Lieutenant Colonel, Surgeon, 9 February 1890
- Colonel, Assistant Surgeon General, 18 April 1895
- Retired 1 January 1902
- Breveted Captain and Major, 13 March 1865, for faithful and meritorious services during the war.
- Died 2 June 1901
- Buried in Section 1 of Arlington National Cemetery
Michael Robert Patterson was born in Arlington and is the son of a former officer of the US Army. So it was no wonder that sooner or later his interests drew him to American history and especially to American military history. Many of his articles can be found on renowned portals like the New York Times, Washingtonpost or Wikipedia.
Reviewed by: Michael Howard