David Sheridan Rumbough was born 7 September 1894. He was appointed to the United States Military Academy from Washington, D.C. and graduated in the class of 1917. He served in both World War I and World War II.
He died on 25 December 1962 in Maine and was buried with full military honors in Arlington National Cemetery.
He was the son of David Jacob Rumbough, Colonel, United States Army.
David Sheridan Rumbough, Brigadier General, United States Army
- 1941-1942 Chief of War Plans Division, Army Ground Forces
- 1942-1943 Commanding Officer 16th Field Artillery Brigade
- 1943-1945 Executive Officer Artillery 81st Division
- 1953 Retired
RUMBOUGH, DAVID S
- COLONEL U. S. A.
- DATE OF BIRTH: 09/07/1894
- DATE OF DEATH: 12/25/1962
- BURIED AT: SECTION 3 SITE 1953 WS
ARLINGTON NATIONAL CEMETERY
RUMBOUGH, MIRIAM S W/O DAVID S
- DATE OF DEATH: 12/07/1937
- BURIED AT: SECTION 3 SITE 1953
- ARLINGTON NATIONAL CEMETERY
WIFE OF DS RUMBOUGH, MAJOR FIELD ART, USA
Michael Robert Patterson was born in Arlington and is the son of a former officer of the US Army. So it was no wonder that sooner or later his interests drew him to American history and especially to American military history. Many of his articles can be found on renowned portals like the New York Times, Washingtonpost or Wikipedia.
Reviewed by: Michael Howard