He was killed-in-action on Guadalcanal on October 9, 1942, during World War II, and buried where he fell.
His grave was finally located in 1970 and he was brought on January 28, 1972 to Arlington National Cemetery for burial.
SUGGS, JOHN FRANKLIN
- CPL USMC
- VETERAN SERVICE DATES: Unknown
- DATE OF BIRTH: 03/17/1918
- DATE OF DEATH: 10/09/1942
- DATE OF INTERMENT: 06/28/1972
- BURIED AT: SECTION 34 SITE 5015
- ARLINGTON NATIONAL CEMETERY
Michael Robert Patterson was born in Arlington and is the son of a former officer of the US Army. So it was no wonder that sooner or later his interests drew him to American history and especially to American military history. Many of his articles can be found on renowned portals like the New York Times, Washingtonpost or Wikipedia.
Reviewed by: Michael Howard