Born on March 15, 1860, he served as an Army Scout with Troop L, 2nd United States Cavalry and in both the Indian Wars and the Spanish-American War. He died on January 24, 1964 and is buried in Section 35, adjacent to the Memorial Amphitheater. He is reportedly the oldest person buried in Arlington (nearly 104 years old at the time of his death).
- SGT TROOP L 2ND REGT US CAVALRY AUS
- VETERAN SERVICE DATES: Unknown
- DATE OF BIRTH: 03/15/1860
- DATE OF DEATH: 01/18/1964
- DATE OF INTERMENT: 01/24/1964
- BURIED AT: SECTION 35 SITE 1566
- ARLINGTON NATIONAL CEMETERY
Read our general and most popular articles
Michael Robert Patterson was born in Arlington and is the son of a former officer of the US Army. So it was no wonder that sooner or later his interests drew him to American history and especially to American military history. Many of his articles can be found on renowned portals like the New York Times, Washingtonpost or Wikipedia.
Reviewed by: Michael Howard