Major John Olin Cooper III, U.S. Army
Born in Alabama December 4, 1929
Died October 26, 1967
- Cadet U.S. Military Academy 1949-53
- Graduated as No. 19525, Class of 1953
- Second Lieutenant 1953
- Promoted through ranks to Major
- Served as Enlisted Soldier 1948-49
- Student, Infantry School 1953
- Served with 1st Battalion, 51st Infantry Regiment 1960-.
- Served with 5th Special Forces Group when Killed in action in an Air Accident October 26, 1967.
Full Name: JOHN OLIN III COOPER
Wall Name: JOHN O COOPER III
Date of Birth: 12/4/1929
Date of Casualty: 10/26/1967
Home of Record: WASHINGTON, DC
Branch of Service: ARMY
Casualty Country: SOUTH VIETNAM
Casualty Province: PHUOC LONG
John Olin Cooper III was a 1953 graduate of the United States Military Academy at West Point, New York
Michael Robert Patterson was born in Arlington and is the son of a former officer of the US Army. So it was no wonder that sooner or later his interests drew him to American history and especially to American military history. Many of his articles can be found on renowned portals like the New York Times, Washingtonpost or Wikipedia.
Reviewed by: Michael Howard