ANDREWS, LAWRENCE G.
- Second Lieutenant, U.S. Army
- Home: Wauseon, Ohio
- Company A, 28th Infantry Regiment, 1st Division, A.E.F.
- Date of Action: July 21, 1918
- General Orders No. No. 3, W.D., 1935
The Distinguished Service Cross is presented to Lawrence G. Andrews, Second Lieutenant, U.S. Army, for extraordinary heroism in action at Berzy-le-Sec, France, July 21, 1918.
Lieutenant Andrews showed utter disregard for personal danger in leading his platoon in the assault. After being wounded he with his men captured several prisoners and organized the positions taken.
ANDREWS, LAWRENCE G
- United States Army
- DATE OF BIRTH: 06/27/1891
- DATE OF DEATH: 08/24/1982
- BURIED AT: SECTION 68 SITE 3128
- ARLINGTON NATIONAL CEMETERY
Read our general and most popular articles
Michael Robert Patterson was born in Arlington and is the son of a former officer of the US Army. So it was no wonder that sooner or later his interests drew him to American history and especially to American military history. Many of his articles can be found on renowned portals like the New York Times, Washingtonpost or Wikipedia.
Reviewed by: Michael Howard