Louis Percy Smith of Washington, D. C.
- Born 10 December 1870
- Appointed from the District of Columbia, Assistant Surgeon, United States Army, 9 November 1896
- Died 8 January 1901 at Manila, Philippines Islands.
WASHINGTON, January 1, 1901 – The War Department has been informed of the death at Manila today of First Lieutenant Louis P. Smith, Assistant Surgeon, United State Army.
Lieutenant Smith was born in and appointed from the District of Columbia in November 1896. In November 1899 he sailed for the Philippines. He was sick in Manila up to the time of his death.
SMITH, LOUIS P
- LT ASST SRGN USA
- DATE OF DEATH: 01/08/1901
- BURIED AT: SECTION ES SITE 360
- ARLINGTON NATIONAL CEMETERY
Read our general and most popular articles
Michael Robert Patterson was born in Arlington and is the son of a former officer of the US Army. So it was no wonder that sooner or later his interests drew him to American history and especially to American military history. Many of his articles can be found on renowned portals like the New York Times, Washingtonpost or Wikipedia.
Reviewed by: Michael Howard