Marshall Magruder was born in Washington, D. C. on 12 October 1885. He served in both World War I and World War II. He retired in 1946 as a Brigadier General and died on 4 July 1956. He was buried with full military honors in Arkington National Cemetery.
Marshall Magruder, Brigadier General
- 1939 – 1940 Commanding Officer -Armored Cavalry Regiment
- 1942 – 1943 Commanding Officer 14th Field Artillery Brigade
- 1943 – 1946 Member of War Department Manpower Board
- 1946 Retired
- B/GEN USA
- DATE OF BIRTH: 10/12/1885
- DATE OF DEATH: 07/04/1956
- BURIED AT: SECTION 30 SITE 1092
ARLINGTON NATIONAL CEMETERY
Read our general and most popular articles
Michael Robert Patterson was born in Arlington and is the son of a former officer of the US Army. So it was no wonder that sooner or later his interests drew him to American history and especially to American military history. Many of his articles can be found on renowned portals like the New York Times, Washingtonpost or Wikipedia.
Reviewed by: Michael Howard