The numbers in circles represent the gravesites of the following people:
1. President John F. Kennedy
2. Robert F. Kennedy
3. Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
4. Sir John Dill, British Field Marshall
5. Daniel “Chappie” James
6. Richard E. Byrd, Jr.
7. Joe Louis (Barrow)
8. Tomb of the Unknowns
9. Nurses Memorial
10. Audie L. Murphy
11. Mast of the USS Maine
12. Memorial to the Crew of the Space Shuttle Challenger
13. Iran Rescue Mission Memorial
14. Tomb of the Unknown Civil War Dead
15. Arlington House
16. Pierre Charles L'Enfant
17. President William Howard Taft
18. Confederate Memorial
19. Section 27 – US Colored Troops
20. Iwo Jima Memorial
21. Anita Newcomb McGee
The other numbers represent the sections of the Cemetery.
Read our general and most popular articles
Michael Robert Patterson was born in Arlington and is the son of a former officer of the US Army. So it was no wonder that sooner or later his interests drew him to American history and especially to American military history. Many of his articles can be found on renowned portals like the New York Times, Washingtonpost or Wikipedia.
Reviewed by: Michael Howard