The wife of James Patrick Sinnott Devereux, she was born on December 14, 1914 and died on July 22, 1942, while her husband was a prisoner of the Japanese during World War II. She is buried in Section 7 of Arlington National Cemetery.
DEVEREUX, MARY WELCH
- DATE OF DEATH: 07/22/1942
- DATE OF INTERMENT: 07/24/1942
- BURIED AT: SECTION 7 SITE 10104
- ARLINGTON NATIONAL CEMETERY
- WIFE OF JAMES P.S. DEVEREUX
- LIEUTENANT COLONEL US MARINE CORPS
Michael Robert Patterson was born in Arlington and is the son of a former officer of the US Army. So it was no wonder that sooner or later his interests drew him to American history and especially to American military history. Many of his articles can be found on renowned portals like the New York Times, Washingtonpost or Wikipedia.
Reviewed by: Michael Howard