- Major, U.S. Army
- Home: New York, New York
- 16th Infantry Regiment, 1st Division, A.E.F.
- Date of Action: October 4 – 11, 1918
- General Orders No. 21, W.D., 1919
The Distinguished Service Cross is presented to Oliver Allen, Major, U.S. Army, for extraordinary heroism in action in the Forest of Argonne, France, October 4 – 11, 1918.
Captain (now Major) Allen remained in command of his company after he had been wounded, and took command of the battalion and led it forward, under heavy fire from artillery and machine guns, taking and holding all objectives.
- MAJ INF USA
- DATE OF DEATH: 08/08/1933
- BURIED AT: SECTION SOUTH SITE 4458
- ARLINGTON NATIONAL CEMETERY
Michael Robert Patterson was born in Arlington and is the son of a former officer of the US Army. So it was no wonder that sooner or later his interests drew him to American history and especially to American military history. Many of his articles can be found on renowned portals like the New York Times, Washingtonpost or Wikipedia.
Reviewed by: Michael Howard