Born on March 22, 1876, he was an organized labor leader for much of his life.
In government service, he was the Director of the Civilian Conservation Corps which was established by President Franklin Roosevelt to complete public works and to give people work during the Depression.
He died at Washington, D.C. on December 31, 1939 and was buried in Section 22 of Arlington National Cemetery.
- PVT CO C 2ND GEORGIA VOL INF USA
- VETERAN SERVICE DATES: Unknown
- DATE OF DEATH: 12/31/1939
- DATE OF INTERMENT: 01/02/1940
- BURIED AT: SECTION SOAN SITE 15540-C
- ARLINGTON NATIONAL CEMETERY
Michael Robert Patterson was born in Arlington and is the son of a former officer of the US Army. So it was no wonder that sooner or later his interests drew him to American history and especially to American military history. Many of his articles can be found on renowned portals like the New York Times, Washingtonpost or Wikipedia.
Reviewed by: Michael Howard