Lieutenant General Reginald H. Ridgely, USMC
- Born August 18, 1902
- Died June 28, 1979
- Second Lieutenant 1923
- Advanced through grades to Major General 1951
- Served in Nicaragua
- Served in Haiti
- Served in China
- Prisoner of War 1942-45
- Commanding Officer, 8th Marine Regiment 1947-48
- Commanding Officer, Fleet Marine Force, Mediterranean 1948-.
- Commander, US. Disciplinary Barracks, Portsmouth
- Chief of Staff, Marine Corps Recruit Depot, San Diego -51
- Commanding General, Marine Corps Recruit Depot, San Diego 1951-52
- Director of Personnel, USMC 1952-55
- Commanding General, 2nd Marine Division 1955-57
- Commanding General, MCB Camp Pendleton, Camp Pendleton 1957-59
- Ret. as Lieutenant General 1959
- Bronze Star Medal – Purple Heart
Reginald Heber Ridgley, Jr. was born on 18 August 1902 and died on 28 June 1979. He was buried with full military honors in Section 11 of Arlington National Cemetery. His wife, Josephine Dalton Ridgely (25 Ooctober 1903-16 april 1987) is buried with him.
We are seeking information regarding these individuals. Should you possess such information, kindly contact the Webmaster.
Reviewed by: Michael Howard