- Full Name: FRED THOMAS SCHRECKENGOST
- Date of Birth: 3/30/1938
- Date of Casualty: 6/7/1964
- Home of Record: EAST PALESTINE, OHIO
- Branch of Service: MARINE CORPS
- Rank: SSGT
- Casualty Country: SOUTH VIETNAM
- Casualty Province: QUANG NAM
- Status: MIA
Twenty-six United States Marine Corps prisoners of war were repatriated. The Marine Corps listed eight Marines as dead while captured and forty-seven as missing in action.
As late as 1991, the remains of Sergeant Robert L. Greer and Sergeant Fred T. Schrenckengost were returned and interred in Arlington National Cemetery.
He was from Ohio and was killed in action in Vietnam.
Michael Robert Patterson was born in Arlington and is the son of a former officer of the US Army. So it was no wonder that sooner or later his interests drew him to American history and especially to American military history. Many of his articles can be found on renowned portals like the New York Times, Washingtonpost or Wikipedia.
Reviewed by: Michael Howard