William Shakespeare King of Pennsylvania
- Appointed from Pennsylvania, Assistant Surgeon, U. S. Army, 29 July 1837
- Major, Surgeon, 29 August 1856
- Lieutenant Colonel, Surgeon, 26 June 1876
- Colonel, Surgeon, 17 March 1880
- Retired 30 June 1882
- Breveted Lieutenant Colonel and Colonel, 13 March 1865, for Faithful And Meritorious services during the War.
- Died 2 August 1895
Michael Robert Patterson was born in Arlington and is the son of a former officer of the US Army. So it was no wonder that sooner or later his interests drew him to American history and especially to American military history. Many of his articles can be found on renowned portals like the New York Times, Washingtonpost or Wikipedia.
Reviewed by: Michael Howard