3 DIE IN CRASH, EXPLOSION OF B-25 TRAINER
SHARON, Kansas, February 26, 1951 – A B-25 trainer-bomber from Vance Air Force Base, Enid, Oklahoma, crashed and exploded in flames near here today, killing the three-man crew.
Sheriff Andy Stevenson from nearby Medicine Lodge, Kansas, said badly burned remains – identified as bodies of three airmen – were found in the wreckage.
Vance Aif Force Base said Captain Melvin B. Farber, Washington, D.C.; Cadet Garth A. Bishop of Salt Lake City, and Cadet Maurice E. Castle of Somers, Iowa, were killed.
FARBER, MELVIN BERNARD
- CAPT 3576 TRN SQ 3575 PILOT TR GP USA
- DATE OF BIRTH: 05/04/1925
- DATE OF DEATH: 02/26/1951
- BURIED AT: SECTION 8 SITE 5246-A
- ARLINGTON NATIONAL CEMETERY
Reviewed by: Michael Howard