Odon Gurovits of Hungary
- Private, Corporal and Sergeant, Company C and Sergeant Major, 6th United States Infantry, 16 Mar 1880 to 22 October 1886
- Second Lieuetnant, 11th United States Infantry, 22 October 1886
- First Lieutenant, 12th United States Infantry, 15 December 1893
- Transferred to 11th United States Infantry, 16 April 1894
- Captain, 2 March 1699
- Died 14 January 1902 in the Philippines.
He was buried with full military honors in Section 1 of Arlington National Cemetery. His wife, Mary Brent Gurovits (1858-1929) is buried with him.
GUROVITS, MARY BRENT WID OF GUROVITZ, ODEN
DATE OF INTERMENT: 08/29/1903
BURIED AT: SECTION W SITE LOT 143-
ARLINGTON NATIONAL CEMETERY
WIFE OF ODEN GUROVITZ – CAPT 11TH INF
Michael Robert Patterson was born in Arlington and is the son of a former officer of the US Army. So it was no wonder that sooner or later his interests drew him to American history and especially to American military history. Many of his articles can be found on renowned portals like the New York Times, Washingtonpost or Wikipedia.
Reviewed by: Michael Howard