John Hayhurst Wilder was born at Fredonia, New York, on 20 April 1895. During World War I, he served in Aviation Section of the United States Army Signal Corps, American Expeditionary Force. Serving in that capacity he was killed in France on 19 August 1918.
We are actively seeking additional information concerneing Lieutenant Wilder.
WILDER, JOHN H
- LT AV SEV HQ DET 3RD AV 1 CEN
- VETERAN SERVICE DATES: Unknown
- DATE OF DEATH: 08/19/1918
- DATE OF INTERMENT: Unknown
- BURIED AT: SECTION SD SITE 4238
- ARLINGTON NATIONAL CEMETERY
Michael Robert Patterson was born in Arlington and is the son of a former officer of the US Army. So it was no wonder that sooner or later his interests drew him to American history and especially to American military history. Many of his articles can be found on renowned portals like the New York Times, Washingtonpost or Wikipedia.
Reviewed by: Michael Howard