William Orlando Johnson of Kentucky
- Appointed from Kentucky, Cadet, United States Military Academy, 1 September 1886 (6)
- Second Lieuetnant, 19th Infantry, 12 June 1890
- First Lieutenant, 7th Infantry, 29 January 1897
- Transferred to 2nd Infantry, 11 January 1898
- Captain, 16th Infantry, 10 October 1899
William Orlando Johnson, February24, 1866-September 13, 1926. Second U. S. Infantry Division; West Point Graduate. In May 1898 he organized a company of 40 volunteers from Louisiana, and saw action in Cuba, fighting lightly at San Juan Hill. Also served in World War I. Retired as Brigadier General.
JOHNSON, WILLIAM O
- COL INF D O L
- DATE OF DEATH: 09/13/1926
- BURIED AT: SECTION 4-W SITE 3328
- ARLINGTON NATIONAL CEMETERY
Michael Robert Patterson was born in Arlington and is the son of a former officer of the US Army. So it was no wonder that sooner or later his interests drew him to American history and especially to American military history. Many of his articles can be found on renowned portals like the New York Times, Washingtonpost or Wikipedia.
Reviewed by: Michael Howard